Senior UX Designer
What is the role?
As the Sr UX Designer you will work with stakeholders to define product requirements, sitemaps, user stories, wireframes, and prototypes. You must be flexible enough to handle multiple projects and quickly adapt to change. You should have a strong technical background working closely with engineers and product managers. You must be able to interpret research and user testing data, make informed UX decisions and validate ideas. The UX team will collaborate closely with the UI team, but you must have a strong understanding of the entire process from ideation to launch.
Please Note: Before hiring, you will have to execute a design challenge and present it to the team- que nerves. But trust in yourself, we know you can do it!
Degree in HCI, HCD, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE
You must have online portfolio or digital samples demonstrating creativity, logic, and problem solving. We will not consider any candidates without one.
- 6+ years experience as a UX design lead
- Experience leading other designers and launching a web, mobile, or desktop interactive product
- Experience collaborating with business development, marketing, engineering, and executive teams
- Deep knowledge of mobile and app design patterns for Android and iOS
- Strong grasp of UX best practices, mobile first, and responsive design
- Ability to create consistent design systems across multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of user centered design
- Can conduct user surveys and user testing sessions
- Demonstrate critical decision making and strategic storytelling
- Ability to quickly sketch, mockup and prototype designs
- Keen understanding of typography, iconography and layout
- Good time management skills with ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to present and defend design decisions and absorb critiques
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle, Illustrator, or equivalent software
- Experience with interactive tools like Axure, Invision, Keynote
- Experience shipping a consumer product a plus
- HTML, scripting, or coding knowledge a plus
- UI, Visual Design skills preferred
- Motion experience with tools like After Effects or Pixate a plus
- Video/ mobile game enthusiast preferred